Thursday, September 13, 2012

Goals & Cultural Objectives


I am so excited to be student teaching in Costa Rica! Sarah and I will be in Guácimo, which is Northeast of San Jose. While I’m there I plan on learning a lot about their culture, but I also plan on learning a lot about myself and what kind of teacher I will be. I’ve never been out of the country before, so this is a really big step for me! While I am there I have a few goals that I always want to keep in mind…

- I will keep an open mind and try lots of new things (food and experiences).

- While learning new words and developing my Spanish speaking skills, I will become more confident and comfortable when speaking in Spanish inside and outside of the classroom.

- I will learn as much about the culture and traditions in Costa Rica as I can.

- To get to know my students better, I will learn and apply new teaching strategies to see what works best for them.

- I will develop a good relationship with my host family, my students, my cooperating teacher, and all of my colleagues.









No comments:

Post a Comment